Come work as a Tractor Technician at an established company that offers excellent benefits, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to advance your career in our shop.
the basics | What is TransAm Trucking?
TransAm Trucking, Inc. is a full truckload refrigerated trucking company specializing in hauling time and temperature sensitive products. We have been in business since 1987 and have enjoyed a steady, controlled growth over the years. The corporate office is located in Olathe, Kansas with terminals located in Rockwall, TX and Tampa, FL. Our business focuses on hauling freight for manufacturers, distributors and other truckload shippers with dry or refrigerated freight. TransAm operates 1200 tractors with 2400 trailers and services the majority of the continental United States.
Our mission is to further the noble purpose of truck driving. We strive to deliver the best driver, employee, and customer experience through our core values of empowerment, innovation, and consistency. By listening to our drivers, employees, and customers, we endeavor to create a better trucking company.
the role | A Tractor Technician is responsible for...
- Performing scheduled truck and APU PM’s
- Performing annual DOT and brake inspections in compliance with federal regulations.
- Performing safety inspections on every unit worked on.
- Installing wheel assemblies and tires.
- Performing basic electrical, truck and APU repairs.
- Working in a safe manner in accordance with OSHA regulations.
the requirements | This will be a perfect fit for you if...
- You have previous experience or education in a maintenance related field.
- You have the aptitude to perform basic trailer preventative maintenance.
- You have the ability to carry, push, or pull items up to 100lbs. of varying shape and size.
- You have the ability to perform tasks that may require occasional bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, crouching and balancing.
- You are able to stand and work on concrete floors for an extended period of time.
the details | What are the hours, pay, and location?
- This is a full-time position working Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm.
- Pay is based on experience and starts at $16.50
- TransAm is located in northeast Tampa, just a few minutes from US 301.
the perks | What's in it for you?
- A casual, smoke-free work environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance coverages
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 88 hours of paid time off after 90 days
- Discounted gym memberships, mobile phone services, tires, and Costco memberships
the next step | Does this sound like a match for you?
Apply now by submitting your resume and completing an online application. A member of our recruiting team will review your resume and reach out to schedule a phone screen if your qualifications match our requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications received, TransAm is unable to provide updates on individual application status.
TransAm is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination.